New Tiki Ornaments ensure that your terrarium is looking fresh and unique, with this fantastic look. These ornaments feature a 3-in-1 hide-out, as well as providing a water & feeding dish that is ideal for geckos. As well as this, there is also a secure hiding place, ensuring they feel safer, and therefore come out for viewing more, which also helps to prevent stress.
An ornament like this means there is a better usage of the 3D space within the enclosure, giving geckos something to climb and explore. It is perfect for tree dwelling reptiles and amphibians, and comes in a choice of two sizes to suit your own set up.
- Small - approx 21 x 15 x 28cm
- Large - approx 32 x 22 x 36cm
Origins of the Tiki culture
A young man from New Orleans, Ernest Raymond Beaumont-Gantt, had sailed throughout the Pacific and used the many cultural and culinary impressions from his trip to create the first actual Tiki-restaurant in 1933. It featured Cantonese cuisine and exotic rum punches, with a decor of flaming torches, rattan furniture, flower leis, and brightly colored fabrics. The distinctive Maori carvings, performing arts and mythology inspired the first Tiki design. After WWII, soldiers returned from their missions in the Pacific Ocean, bringing home many souvenirs and stories. It led to an increased interest and further promotion of the Tiki culture.
The Tiki culture received an extra boost when, in 1947, Thor Heyerdahl organized the Kon-Tiki expedition: a journey across the Pacific Ocean from South America to the Polynesian islands. Heyerdahl believed that people from South America could have settled Polynesia in pre-Columbian times. To prove it, he constructed a raft out of native materials, based on the design found in old illustrations. The excitement surrounding his expedition eventually led to an explosion of the Tiki Culture. Similar, more recent journeys like the Tangaroa, An-Tiki and Kon-Tiki clearly show a renewed interest in the Tiki-culture and mythology. Tiki-themed events and conventions have begun to spring up.
Exo Terra Tiki range
The Exo Terra Tiki range adds an exotic Hawaiian Tiki touch to your terrarium. The Tiki Terrariums feature a Polynesian tribal totem background with the Exo Terra® orange gecko as seen in the legendary logo. The Exo Terra Tiki decor items give your terrarium that special Polynesian tropical island vibe. Have a glance at your terrarium and dream away to a warm tropical paradise with crystal clear water, pearly white beaches and waving palm trees.
Shipping Costs to the UK
We use two of the United Kingdoms most reliable and professional courier services, DPD & Parcelforce!
Unless specified, we will only use DPD for Frozen and Chilled Goods that require a fully interactive delivery service. Parcelforce will be used for the vast majority of products and orders from our website!
|1-2 Day delivery||£4.99|
|Spend Over £100||FREE|
Scotland (Highland & Islands),
Isle of Man & Northern Ireland
- Homemade Doggy Bakery - Due to the Baking process and demand, sometimes Cookies can take longer to arrive to you than stated in the delivery information! We aim for freshness every-time!
- We process orders within 1-2 business days, Including weekends and holidays, however we will NEVER Ship out on a weekend! If Ordered on a Friday after 3, Your order will not leave until Monday.
- All Order Before 3 will be dispatched Same Day, except times mentioned above.
- Successfully placed orders will receive an e-mail confirmation with the order details. If you do not receive an e-mail, please check your spam filter or contact us for confirmation.
- If you need any assistance with your order, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be able to make changes to your order after it has shipped.
- Please review and ensure that you have entered the correct address. We are not responsible for non-delivery due to errors in the address that you provide. If an order is returned due to an incorrect address, we will refund the original order (excluding the shipping fee) and ask that you re-submit your order.
- Pre-Orders can take up to 21 days to arrive with us and are dispatched on a 24 hour service the day we receive them. If there are any problems we will be in touch with you.