Brown's Aquarium Treatment | Bio-Bacteria For AquariumsRegular price £3.99
Nature at home – home for fish and plants
Fish need to be as comfortable in the aquarium as they are in nature. When setting up an aquarium and during partial water changes the aquarium needs sufficient bacteria to be biologically cleaned and to quickly break down harmful substances. Bacterial starters contain highly active beneficial bacteria which break down the ammonium/ammonia and nitrite as well as the fish excrements and other waste in the water.
Advantages of the Brown's Pet Range Bio-Bacterial Control
Live bacteria, breakdown of ammonium/ammonia and nitrite through active bacteria, breakdown of fish excrement and other waste.
Complementary bacteria cultures to break down protein (heterotrophic bacteria), ammonium and nitrite. Gradually start with the stocking of fish in newly set-up aquariums immediately after adding Brown's Bio-Bacterial Control.
The opinions vary as to whether fish can be added as early as one day after the aquarium set-up. Microbiologists have observed that bacteria reproduce very slowly in a new aquarium when there is no water pollution (nutrition for bacteria). But if you add fish the next day without using a bacterial starter, problems with ammonium/ammonia can occur because the bacteria initially reproduce too slowly to keep pace with the production of pollutants. When using Brown's Bio-bacterial Control, higher quantities of bacteria are present. The next day, after the first fish have been added, there is food for the bacteria and they start to reproduce. This will make sure that there are always enough bacteria, so that neither ammonium/ammonia or nitrite will become a problem.
Directions of use
For New Acquariums, just add 10ml for every 50 Litres, everyday for 14 days!
For Established aquariums and 10ml every 50 Litres, once a week!
Fish R Fun Start Plus (Size Varieties)Regular price £3.99
Fish R Fun, Start plus is a water conditioner and chlorine remover for tropical and cold water tanks.
Fish R Fun Bio Bac (Size Varieties)Regular price £3.99
Fish R Fun, Bio-bac adds natural bacteria and enzymes to your aquarium.
suitable for tropical and cold water fish
JBL Algol - combat algae/greenwater in freshwater aquariumsRegular price £12.99
Water conditioner to combat algae in freshwater aquariums
- For beautiful freshwater aquariums: combats all algae species fast and intensively
- Not harmful to fish and microorganisms when used correctly
- Crystal-clear water. Combats all algae species
- Application only in the morning. Before use a partial water change of 30 % is recommended. Ensure sufficient oxygen content by means of aeration during the treatment
- Contents: 1 bottle Algol. To use: 10 ml/40 l Water. Example with 60 l aquarium: 15 ml
Appropriate, long-term algae control
Excessive algae growth always occurs when a surplus of nutrients (phosphates and nitrates) are present in the water. That’s why long-term algae control works in two steps: it combats algae with the anti-algae agent JBL Algol, then in step 2 it safely binds the nutrients. For this purpose JBL PhosEx ultra is ideal. Adding algae-eating animals, such as sucker catfish, shrimps and snails can also be a great help.
JBL pH-Minus - Reduce the pH value in freshwater aquariumsRegular price £12.99
Water conditioner to reduce the pH value in freshwater aquariums
- For aquarium water to suit both fish and plants in freshwater aquariums, in turtle tanks and in shrimp tanks
- Rapid decrease of the pH value thanks to natural oak extract, phosphate-free
- The ideal pH value for most freshwater fish and plants is in the neural range around 7. Tip: the carbonate hardness should be at least 4 °dKH
- Use with pH values >8: 10 ml/40 l water, pH value 7-8: 10 ml/80 l water, pH values <7: no adding of JBL pH-Minus
- Contents: 1 bottle pH Minus. To use: 10ml/40 l water.
Nature at Home – Home for Fish and Plants
Fish need to be as comfortable in the aquarium as they are in nature. Water dwellers have adapted to the acidity (pH value) of their habitat and also need to find similar conditions in the aquarium. The wrong pH value not only means stress for the aquarium dwellers but it also can be the cause for diseases or it can reduce their lifespan. The JBL water conditioners decrease or increase the pH level and make the water ideally suited to the requirements of the fish once more. Benefits of the JBL water conditioners Rapid decrease of the pH value thanks to natural oak extract, phosphate-free.
JBL Clearol - Water conditioner for crystal-clear water (size varieties)Regular price Sale price £9.99
Water conditioner for crystal-clear water
- Creates crystal-clear water in freshwater aquariums and turtle tanks
- Eliminates micro-fine cloudiness, which normally can’t be collected from the filter, such as smallest floating particles (white cloudiness), water bloom (green cloudiness) and bacterial cloudiness
- Turbidity sinks to the bottom and can be siphoned or collected from the filter
- Tip: clean filter more frequently to remove solid turbidity. Use with pH levels over 6 and KH levels over 5° dKH
- Contents: 1 bottle Clearol. To use: 10 ml/40 l water.
Nature at Home – Home for Fish and Plants
Fish need to be as comfortable in the aquarium as they are in nature.
Clean aquarium water – optimal water quality
Water cloudiness can be caused by algae, fish excrements or other wastes.
JBL’s trouble shooters have been specially created for all types of water cloudiness and treat the aquarium water without any harmful side effects for the aquarium dwellers.
Advantages of JBL’s trouble shooters:
clearing of aquarium water,
elimination of clouding caused by green algae and white particles,
immediate results by clotting to larger units.
Turbidity sinks to the bottom and can be siphoned or collected from the filter.
JBL PROFLORA Ferropol - Plant fertiliser for freshwater aquariumsRegular price £9.99
Plant fertiliser for freshwater aquariums
- Primary care for water plants: basis fertiliser for freshwater aquariums
- Vigorous plant growth, no deficiency symptoms thanks to minerals such as iron, potassium and other trace elements
- For intensive leaf colouring thanks to its ideal concentration and compound of iron
- Optimal promotion of plant growth means less algae growth. No phosphates and nitrates. Not harmful to crayfish and shrimps
- Contents: 1 bottle Ferropol. To use: 10 ml/40 l water. Environmentally friendly refill bag available
Nutrition for aquarium plants
Healthy plants prevent algae growth, supply oxygen, remove pollutants, provide hiding places and reduce pathogens.
Heatlhy plants = healthy fish
For the plants to flourish the following demands have to be met:
Light (provides an energy source for CO2 photosynthesis), nutrients and trace elements (operate as growth promoters).
JBL fertilisers supply the plants with all their main nutrients and essential trace elements. This way the plants can absorb all the required nutrients they need over the leaves and roots, and deficiency symptoms (e.g. iron deficiency) are thus prevented.
Don't get confused: The label says "...complex stability at pH 4-5." This means that JBL Ferropol has a pH value of 4-5. This is necessary to keep the greenish colour (colour complex) stable and has nothing to do with whether it is effective at this pH value. JBL Ferropol can be used at all pH values and the availability of the contained minerals increases with increasing pH value.
Aqua-Vac Gravel Cleaner (Size Varieties)Regular price £8.99
Aqua One Vac-A-Tank Gravel Cleaner 24''
The Aqua One Gravel Cleaner 24" is a perfect slim profile for constricted and hard to access places. This innovative piece of equipment will clean your gravel of waste substances and is suitable for aquariums up to 30" or extra deep column aquariums.
The Aqua One Vac-A-Tank Gravel Cleaner, like every other Vac-A-Tank gravel cleaner, is designed to be user friendly since it has a self-starting syphon model. Use the Vac-A-Tank gravel cleaner as an aid to your vital hassle-free routine water changes and tank cleaning as an effortless chore. During your partial water change, as the water is exiting your aquarium, simply plunge the gravel cleaner into the gravel whilst the natural siphoning actions of the water extracts the dirt and carries it up the tube and out of the aquarium.
At a Glance:
Perfect slim profile
Designed for constricted hard to access places
Will clean your gravel of waste substances for a healthier aquarium
Enhances the health of all of your tank inhabitants
Self-starting syphon model