Balance Immunity Using Nutrition
The immune system has evolved over millions and millions of years as an extremely potent and efficient defence mechanism directed towards a single goal: to keep us healthy. The primary function of the immune system is to protect the body against infections by pathogenic viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites. It also plays a key role in removing dead body cells and repairing damage caused by environmental factors such as strong light, irradiation and toxins. Occasionally, the immune system may over-react or be brought out of balance. Such imbalances can result in immune disorders like arthritis, certain types of asthma, allergies or other health conditions. The immune system can be suppressed, resulting in reduced overall resistance to infections. A properly functioning immune system is, therefore, essential for good health in pets.
MacroGard is a wholly natural feed ingredient, derived from the cell wall of baker’s yeast (saccharomyces cerevisiae) and contains the highest quality beta-1,3/1,6-glucans.
Beta-1,3/1,6- glucans are naturally occurring polysaccharides found in the cell wall of fungi and yeast. Throughout evolution, the immune system has ‘learned’ to recognize its molecular structure as a reliable trigger. Beta-1,3/1,6- glucans function as a signal that alerts the immune system, prepares it to respond quickly and adequately to infections and renders more resistance to any infectious organism. MacroGard is used in all animal species, like aqua, petfood, horses and livestock.
MacroGard® has been used in fish feed by the aquaculture industry in Norway for more than 20 years. Its use in salmon and trout farming has generated a comprehensive database documenting the effects of the product under field conditions.
MacroGard® is used for companion animals as a feed ingredient for premium, superpremium and veterinarian pet food. An extensive dossier with trial results and literature data is available to substantiate the application of MacroGard® in several functional diets for cats and dogs.
Keeping a cat or dog’s immune system strong is crucial to maintaining health and a good life. However, cats and dogs frequently have to deal with challenges which influence immune status like exercise, changing weather conditions, transport stress, parasitic and pathogenic infections.
The effects that Macrogard® has on an animal is evident for everyone to see in one that has been eating it all their life. They maintain great skin and coat conditioning and vaccinations perform to a higher standard.
Benefits of Macrogard®:-
- Enhances natural defences, preparing them for the challenges ahead
- Helps to reduce the risks and severity of bacterial, parasitic and viral diseases
- It contributes for a better health status, optimising the efficiency of vaccines
- Activates the white blood corpuscles and thereby strengthens the immune system.
List of Brown’s Pet Foods to Include MacroGard®
- Light & Sensitive – The perfect blend of vitamins, minerals and nutrients for sensitive, grown-up dogs with low activity level, overweight or for senior dogs. Light & Sensitive can be used as a staple diet.
- Puppy & Breeder – Specially blended formula made for puppies & lactating bitches. Made with smaller kibbles perfect for growing dogs.
- Health & Activity – The all round diet for the active dog. Contains all of the essential ingredients to keep your dog in top condition!
- Purr-Fect Paws - Our New Complete Premium Cat Food. Contains a perfect blend of ingredients that your cats diet should contain!
DOG & CAT FOODS INCLUDING MACROGARD® ARE HYPOALLERGENIC & GLUTEN FREE