JBL Proscan works with a app that you can then monitor your aquariums water conditions.
- Easy to use Ammonia NH4 Water Test Kit
- Contains all you need to determine Ammonia levels
- Suitable for both freshwater and saltwater use
- Free use of JBL Online Laboratory for analysis and recommendations
- Approximately 50 tests
- Refill reagents available separately
Regular water testing is key to a healthy aquarium or pond. The JBL Ammonia NH4 Water Test Kit includes everything required to determine the Ammonia level from <0.05 - 5.0mg/l using a colour change test and is suitable for both freshwater and saltwater use.
Ammonia NH4 Water Test Kit contents: 1 x Ammonia Test Kit with approx. 50 tests, incl. 3 reagents, 2 glass vials with screw caps, syringe, comparator block and colour scale.
Why test for Ammonia?
The degradation or mineralisation process of all organic substances in an aquarium or pond follows these stages: proteins > ammonia > nitrite > nitrate. By measuring these stages conclusions can be drawn about how well the biological processes are functioning within the aquarium or pond. High levels of ammonia or nitrite are toxic to fish and can lead to disease outbreaks or even fish fatalities if not resolved swiftly.
Recommended Ammonia Values:
- Freshwater aquarium (community aquarium): < 0.25 mg/l
- Lake Malawi/Lake Tanganyika aquarium: < 0.25 mg/l
- Plant aquarium with few fish (aquascaping): < 0.25 mg/l
- Marine aquarium: 0-0.25 mg/l
- Pond: <0.1 mg/l.
You can analyse the water values you have measured in the JBL Online Laboratory free of charge and receive recommendations.