- 100 % matatabi
- supports dental hygiene
Measurements: 13 cm
WHAT IS MATATABI AND HOW IT AFFECTS CATS?
There is scientific research to back up the use of Matatabi as a cat stimulant.
Unlike traditional catnip, which contains only one ingredient that acts as a cat attractant – Nepetalactone – Matatabi contains two.
- The first is Actinidine, a pyridine derivative which invokes a similar response to nepetalactone
- The second is dihydroactinidiolide, which has a light, sweet smell and is also said to act as a cat stimulant
HOW MATATABI AFFECTS CATS
The effects usually last 5-30 minutes and cats have been observed in returning to Matatabi within 20 minutes.
The product appears to invoke a more intense euphoric response in cats than regular catnip – fun behaviors such as rolling, licking, drooling, increased playfulness and a general increase in cat activity have been noted.
Dr. Mark Mitchell of the University of Illinois conducted an in-depth of the use of Matatabi as a cat stimulant.
The key to the study was that the cats involved played two and half times longer with the toys associated with Matatabi than those sprinkled with regular catnip.
He also found that 3 out of every 4 cats preferred the toys covered in Matatabi overall, considering a variety of aspects such as initial excitement, behaviors exhibited and time spent with the product.
Cats tend to chew Matatabi to strengthen the effects and it has been widely reported that this can help to clean cats’ teeth and reduce the amount of plaque.
There are no known hazards of Matatabi, the plant has long been used in Chinese and Japanese traditional medicine, and is becoming more well-known for its health benefits, which include high levels of vitamins and minerals.
So it’s win-win for our feline friends all round!
Shipping Costs to the UK
We use two of the United Kingdoms most reliable and professional courier services, DPD & Parcelforce!
Unless specified, we will only use DPD for Frozen and Chilled Goods that require a fully interactive delivery service. Parcelforce will be used for the vast majority of products and orders from our website!
|1-2 Day delivery||£4.99|
|Spend Over £100||FREE|
Scotland (Highland & Islands),
Isle of Man & Northern Ireland
- Homemade Doggy Bakery - Due to the Baking process and demand, sometimes Cookies can take longer to arrive to you than stated in the delivery information! We aim for freshness every-time!
- We process orders within 1-2 business days, Including weekends and holidays, however we will NEVER Ship out on a weekend! If Ordered on a Friday after 3, Your order will not leave until Monday.
- All Order Before 3 will be dispatched Same Day, except times mentioned above.
- Successfully placed orders will receive an e-mail confirmation with the order details. If you do not receive an e-mail, please check your spam filter or contact us for confirmation.
- If you need any assistance with your order, please contact us immediately at email@example.com. We will not be able to make changes to your order after it has shipped.
- Please review and ensure that you have entered the correct address. We are not responsible for non-delivery due to errors in the address that you provide. If an order is returned due to an incorrect address, we will refund the original order (excluding the shipping fee) and ask that you re-submit your order.
- Pre-Orders can take up to 21 days to arrive with us and are dispatched on a 24 hour service the day we receive them. If there are any problems we will be in touch with you.