Nature at home – home for fish and plants
Fish need to be as comfortable in the aquarium as they are in nature. When setting up an aquarium and during partial water changes the aquarium needs sufficient bacteria to be biologically cleaned and to quickly break down harmful substances. Bacterial starters contain highly active beneficial bacteria which break down the ammonium/ammonia and nitrite as well as the fish excrements and other waste in the water.
Advantages of the Brown's Pet Range Bio-Bacterial Control
Live bacteria, breakdown of ammonium/ammonia and nitrite through active bacteria, breakdown of fish excrement and other waste.
Complementary bacteria cultures to break down protein (heterotrophic bacteria), ammonium and nitrite. Gradually start with the stocking of fish in newly set-up aquariums immediately after adding Brown's Bio-Bacterial Control.
The opinions vary as to whether fish can be added as early as one day after the aquarium set-up. Microbiologists have observed that bacteria reproduce very slowly in a new aquarium when there is no water pollution (nutrition for bacteria). But if you add fish the next day without using a bacterial starter, problems with ammonium/ammonia can occur because the bacteria initially reproduce too slowly to keep pace with the production of pollutants. When using Brown's Bio-bacterial Control, higher quantities of bacteria are present. The next day, after the first fish have been added, there is food for the bacteria and they start to reproduce. This will make sure that there are always enough bacteria, so that neither ammonium/ammonia or nitrite will become a problem.
Directions of use
For New Acquariums, just add 10ml for every 50 Litres, everyday for 14 days!
For Established aquariums and 10ml every 50 Litres, once a week!
Shipping Costs to the UK
We use two of the United Kingdoms most reliable and professional courier services, DPD & Parcelforce!
Unless specified, we will only use DPD for Frozen and Chilled Goods that require a fully interactive delivery service. Parcelforce will be used for the vast majority of products and orders from our website!
|1-2 Day delivery||£4.99|
|Spend Over £100||FREE|
Scotland (Highland & Islands),
Isle of Man & Northern Ireland
- Homemade Doggy Bakery - Due to the Baking process and demand, sometimes Cookies can take longer to arrive to you than stated in the delivery information! We aim for freshness every-time!
- We process orders within 1-2 business days, Including weekends and holidays, however we will NEVER Ship out on a weekend! If Ordered on a Friday after 3, Your order will not leave until Monday.
- All Order Before 3 will be dispatched Same Day, except times mentioned above.
- Successfully placed orders will receive an e-mail confirmation with the order details. If you do not receive an e-mail, please check your spam filter or contact us for confirmation.
- If you need any assistance with your order, please contact us immediately at email@example.com. We will not be able to make changes to your order after it has shipped.
- Please review and ensure that you have entered the correct address. We are not responsible for non-delivery due to errors in the address that you provide. If an order is returned due to an incorrect address, we will refund the original order (excluding the shipping fee) and ask that you re-submit your order.
- Pre-Orders can take up to 21 days to arrive with us and are dispatched on a 24 hour service the day we receive them. If there are any problems we will be in touch with you.